March 9, 2010

Death and Life

The news of a childhood friend passing has hit home, hard.
I look at my 2 year old and new born and fall in love over and over again. My friend has left behind 2 girls who are old enough to have known him but young enough to still need daddy.

Choices we make everyday can lengthen or shorten our time with our loved ones.
So now what.. I guess I need to open my eyes. To not just walk through life numb and blurry but to SEE and Feel at every moment of every day.

Saver the warm hug of my little girl or my baby boy snuggling into mommy's neck.
Kiss and hug my man every chance I get, or just a soft caress when passing in the hallway.
Appreciate my friends for their individuality and supportive nature.

Change what I control but don't let the control change me.

Although I have not seen Eli for years, he is still forever in my heart as my Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment